Friday, January 1, 2010

About Whens a good time to travel to Tampa, Florida for cheap airfare

Whens a good time to travel to Tampa, Florida for cheap airfare?
I want to travel to Tampa to visit some family. I usually fly out of San Diego, Ca or Long Beach, Ca. I have an open schedule, but on a tight budget. I want to be able to stay at least 2 weeks give or take a couple days. Any advice? Thanks! Thanks CD! Sorry to hear about your parents experience.
Other - United States - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's cheap during hurricane season... mainly June to September. My parents went a couple of years ago, because they found great deals, but they only enjoyed one day... then a hurricane hit and the vacation was ruined. I'm going in a few weeks, because so far, this year there hasn't been any hurricanes... sometimes you just get lucky.
2 :
I've been able to get some cheap airfares to Tampa on Southwest Airlines booking the flight in the fall, travelling in January. Southwest usually has plenty of sales, so be sure to check out their website. Also, the weather in the Tampa Bay area in January is great. Warm, sunny weather and little humidity or bugs. No crowds, either.
3 :
You can get low fares almost any time of year except the holidays, but the fall is usually a very good time to get low fares. Be sure to book several months in advance.